Sunday 11 December 2011

BEING MINDFULLY WILLFUL


 Today I spent the day with myself. I was alone, but not lonely. I made a choice to live and partake in life.

I grabbed my camera and gear in a hurry when I noticed a niggle of a destructive urge raising to the surface, and went to soak up the atmosphere in the city. I tried to notice things that I would not ordinarily notice if I were not being mindful.



I observed the light fading within the space of the 50mins I was shooting. I realized that there were so many tourists enjoying the Christmas lights. I chuckled at the wonderment of a group of Americans and the emotion of a gaggle of Spanish girls arguing. I really listened to the soundscape of Grafton Street in December. 

I  often stopped and was awed by the decorations, of the music, the smells and the people. I observed my own emotions as people got in my way or bumped into me, then I 'realized' I was realizing and had a giggle at myself.

I was NON-JUDGMENTAL. I allowed myself to shoot what ever took my fancy rather than wait for a perfect opportunity. I tried not to care what the picture turned out to be.





 Here are the results of my MINDFUL efforts. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment