Tuesday 27 December 2011

Angry Andy!

My Hometown
I am seriously angry at my individual therapist. The week before Christmas, which incorporates a week therapy break, she rang to cancel our hourly session, stating that she had childcare issues. Instead, she offered a quick 'chat' at 9am that day. I felt so unimportant and let down. Christmas week is so triggering for me.  I was left feeling like she just simply did not care less about me and how alone she made me feel. How was I supposed to get through 3 weeks without proper therapy?


My reaction to her has been to passively give DBT the finger! I haven't filled in any food diaries, or daily emotion cards or even looked at my notes. I know I am going to get stick when I go back but honestly, I just feel so fed up and tired from having to be so diligent to it!

On a more positive note I am noticing that I am doing some skills much more automatically now. On Christmas Eve. I just knew that I needed to get away from the craziness of my family, so I went for a beautiful run and then sat and looked at the waves crashing on the beach. I simply OBSERVED how beautiful the town I grew up in was.


No comments:

Post a Comment