Target behavior #1 - Binging.
- Feeling of accomplishment over skill use.
- Saves money.
- Healthier body and mind.
- I eat to give myself MORE energy. When I become too full, I LOSE that energized feeling.
- I might be able to change my state of mind and continue my life normally without putting on excess weight
- I will learn to experience the distress and deal with it in time.
- Feeling of self control.
- I will feel the emotion I want to avoid. I wouldn't feel the 'food high'
- I will be irritable.
- I will feel deprived.
Giving into urge to binge.
- Instant relaxation.
- Get medical attention
- Escape emotional suffering momentary.
- Will trigger an urge to purge.
- Waste of food/money.
- Weight gain.
- Self hatred
- Only hurts me, pain, digestive issues.
- Does not solve problem
Target behavior #2 - Purging
- Will keep the nourishment from the food.
- Will learn to deal and manage 'full' feeling.
- Will give myself a chance to use DBT skills.
- I will feel very high anxiety.
- I will feel dirty, lazy, ugly, fat.
- I will have to sit with the distress, and feel all the food in my stomach.
Giving into urge to purge.
- Get 'rid' of food and not gain weight.
- It is a quick and easy way to get the food out.
- I feel in control.
- I know my stomach is empty.
- Its a way to punish myself for negative thoughts/behavior.
- Will damage teeth.
- Does not get rid of all of the calories.
- Makes me feel week from dehydration.
- Dizziness and headaches.
- Heart palpitations.
- Gives me spots, dry skin and causes my hair to fall out.
- Sleep issues.
- After a few days - swelling in legs
- Reduced appetite which will lead to further foody behavior